Friday, February 10, 2012

SNHU Experience

Originally posted February 21, 2008

SNHU Experience

Current mood: excited

Tonight I spoke to a Continuing Education "Sexuality" class tonight at Southern New Hampshire University. The class was two hours but I wound up staying longer than class was scheduled for and the entire class stayed. Answering all kinds of great, thought out, and intelligent questions.


I had a blast and I'm looking forward to do such events more often in the future. It was great to inform people that transgendered folks can be normal, funny and open. Stop stereotyping us.


The most fun evening I've had in a long time and it was great to get out of the house and have human interaction.


Special thanks to Traci Belanger for letting me take over her class for the evening and thanks to her students for being a lot of fun, intelligent, inquisitive and extremely polite folks.


And to think, I used to hate speaking at driver's meetings unless I was really P.O.ed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The View From My Space

Cyn..this may sound weird..but...I AM SOOOO PROUD OF YOU!! You have so much to share and its awesome to hear that these students were receptive and warm!....

Mary
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another example of your selflessness, your kind heart and your incredibly willingness to share your journey in order to help others understand and/or feel not so alone. You're amazing. :)

Lola
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's wonderful! I'm glad it went so well! :D

Jamie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so proud of you girlfriend. Keep having fun! Love you. Judi

Judi
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just went back and read through your blog from the entire process. Cyn, I am so proud of you. You are a strong, brave and wonderful person. I am happy I know you, and hope we can remain friends for many years to come. Love you much. *HUGS*

Emma
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words From A Student In The Class

Hi Traci, I have some questions on the research paper and also I wanted to let you know that Wednesday was a very interesting class. Cynthia seems like a great person with a very magnetic personality. I'm not surprised that support of friends. family and co-workers has stayed strong for her she seems likable.

Dennell


No comments:

Post a Comment