Monday, February 6, 2012

The Note

The day after surgery, the hospital made us sit up for a bit. It was difficult but I sat longer than anticipated. When I finally couldn't sit any longer, I asked to be put back to bed. As I was one my way back to bed, I saw a piece of paper sticking out of my lap top travel case. I asked for the paper and it was written by Karen Lovett, moments after my surgery as she a Corey were heading back to NH. It reads.......

[moments after surgery]


Cynthia,

You did it! Hard part's over. Enjoy the journey, and we'll talk to you soon.

Karen & Corey

p.s.
We called Michelle, the phone tree has begun.


This one hastily scribbled note is probably my favorite souvenir of my two weeks in Montreal


Photobucket



In between rounds of consciousness, I did manage to send out a very quick e-mail to my friends back in the States to let them know I was ok. The replies were pretty unanimous. My humor was back, they knew I was back to myself mentally. It read as follows.......


Greetings from Montreal,


I thought I was coming up here to have my wisdom teeth out. You should see what they took instead! I should have gone to Barnes & Noble to get the English to French Dictionary instead of the Dollar Store.


I'm tired, weak and in moderate discomfort, but it's over.

Cyn

No comments:

Post a Comment