Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 8 (Thursday)

Originally posted in February 2008, about January 31, 2008

Day 8 (Thursday)

Current mood: blah


I did finally manage to get some sleep. In the morning, I checked with the nurse, and after investigation, the blood steam running down my legs was not new blood. But urine had leaked around my cathether, into my dressing, rewetting long since dried blood and looking like fresh. Phew.


But the morning and most of the day was quite uncomfortable. The stint in my new 'tunnel of love' (as one of the nurses calls it) was getting quite uncomfortable the more the localized pain killers wore off. From the time I woke up, it felt like someone had shoved a lighter fluid soaked baseball into my taint and lit it on fire. Even when I was just laying down. Not fun.


Due to the pain and fatigue, I spent a good portion of the day sleeping. The first girl I had met upon arriving returned home to the midwest today. Very nice, but I don't feel we'll keep in contact, like the couple I had met from eastern Canada.


Getting out of bed is a struggle and literally takes minutes of planning and mental prep. I try to make lists of what I need once I'm up, because I really do not want to have to get up again too soon. All week I've been sleeping on my back, I'd love to sleep on my side, but the stint makes attempting to get in that position too uncomfortable.


Late afternoon, Dr Brassard came by to remove the dressing which was held in place by 5 or 6 stitches. Once the dressing was off, the pressure in certain areas, released, but now more pressure is on that dreaded place. The stint. But Dr Brassard said he was very pleased with the results and the healing so far.


One thing I've found I like about Canada, is that I can find three NHL games on TV at once. Even their version of SportsCenter (same graphics and talent as the ESPN version), has a ton of NHL coverage and very little NBA coverage. But yes, the Super Bowl hype can not be avoided here, either.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The view from Racersbored


um.....no update for Thursday???? What's up cyndertorkie??? How are you doing?

Linda
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spent the majority of the day like someone shoved a lighter fluid soaked baseball into my taint and it's on fire.

I've been doing the "Montreal Shuffle" aka the penguin waddle.

The doctor was here about 4:45 to remove the dressing/packing. That helped relieve the pressure and pain in some areas, but spread some more, centered around the stent, which will be removed on Sunday.

Cynthia
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I spent the majority of the day like someone shoved a lighter fluid soaked baseball into my taint and it's on fire."

Do you know how much I f--king love you? Nobody else has this humor. You rock!

Heidi
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish I was joking :(

Cynthia
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMFG cyn......I laughed my ass off at the wording of that, but at the same time feel so bad for you. Keep doing the Montreal Shuffle and hurry back to ManchVegas (Manchester) so we can bombard you with hugs and more hugs...and maybe a cold ale..lol

Mary
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I should have mentioned HOT FLASHES!!!!!!!!

Holy chit!

Cynthia
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HA how do you like me now? You girls are always giving me a ration of shit for my hot flashes. Well now I am not alone.

Michelle
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well the hot flashes come come from the estrogen loss, but go to the extreme with testicle removal.

Cynthia
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WELCOME TO WOMENHOOD!!!

tee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee

Love you sweetie!!!!!!!!

Linda
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well the hot flashes come come from the estrogen loss, but go to the extreme with testicle removal."Did they save them for you? Put them in a jar?

I love you Cyn

Michelle
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thinking of you Cynderelli!!!

lots of aches and pains, but just remember it will be short ter, I know, I know, it doesn't help right now.

So I guess I will just send you some extra ((HUGS)) and ***KISSES***

Gaily

No comments:

Post a Comment