Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 7 (Wednesday)

Originally posted in February 2008 about January 30, 2008.

Day 7 (Wednesday)

Current mood: drained


I thought I would get a better nights sleep after the night before, but a new problem arose. Gas. They forewarned us that gas would be an issue, and we've all had gas before, obviously. As I slept, this would start softly at my crotch and slowly expand and increase in intensity as it reached my lower lungs, with massive sharp pains. I was assured the more I walked and moved this would go away and it did.


That morning they sat me up for ten minutes but I elected to brave out eating breakfast siting up, as well. It was a struggle, but I survived. As I was due to return to the residence this afternoon they wanted me to get my legs and stand and wash myself in the bathroom. Well my blood pressure skyrocketed and this good size bathroom turned in to the world's smallest Tilt-A-Whirl.


They put me back to bed with wet towels on my forehead and kept checking my vitals until back to normal, then they left me sleep for a few hours. My room mates guest had returned to NJ around noon, finally giving me some peace and quiet.


Mid day and beautiful flower display from my full time employer, brought a smile to my face. Inside and out.


I attempted washing and standing again later that day, much more successfully. At 6 p.m. I was returned to residence. Just being back in the residence made my morale jump 100% more positive. It felt good to be 'home'. As I entered my room, I found two more beautiful displays of flowers and cards from two members of the Mod Chick Mafia and their families. Not only do I love these girls, but they make me feel loved and appreciated. I hope I can return the energy and vibes.


Things seemed to be just fine. When I got up around 2 a.m. to empty my catheter and streaks of blood rain down my legs. Visions of the movie 'Carrie' immediately flashed into mind.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The view from Racersbored


OMG I just got back to the residence and my morale is 100% improved. Plus I was stunned to walk in and see the flowers and cards.

No wonder I love you chicks so much, you make me feel loved.

Cynthia
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awesome Cyn, you're walking cool.

Michelle
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment