Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 5 (D-Day January 28, 2008)

Originally posted on January 30, 2008. Due to being in La-La-Land for surgery, the 'as they happened' posts are on a slight delay.


Day 5 (D-Day)

Current mood: tired

Well Monday was the big day. I was slated to go for surgery at 11:00. Thankfully from the time I woke until the time I was wheeled in to the operating room, I had Corey and Karen from the Nashua Telegraph with me. Peppering me with questions, kept my mind occupied and made the waiting time much more bearable.


I finally was wheeled into the operating room around noon. And from there it was like a NA$CAR pit stop. People flew at me from all four corners, with IV, needles, blood pressure checkers. etc. I
remember them putting the boots on my feet and then.............I woke up being rolled into the recovery room. Three hours or so had passed. I was a new woman.


There wasn't pain, but a lot of discomfort, but I couldn't stay awake long enough to let it bother me. The majority of that night was spent out of consciousness, being awoken for vitals checks and pain killer injections. With all of the packing down below, I wasn't able to see the new me.
But when they changed my dressings, I could see there wasn't much blood and the nurses remarked on how little bleeding and bruising there was. A good start to a new life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I was in surgery and recovery, these are the posts I was able to recover from Racersbored.



My clock says 11:11.....I usually don't make wishes but today I will.....


Wishing Miss Cyn is in a happy, happy place!

Heidi
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as she is warm, she is in a happy place right now.

I hope for everything to go perfectly today for Cynthia :)

Elaine
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2:00 Cyn should have a new box by now......

Michelle
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I could be pacing around the room I would be...dang work wanting me to work...don't they know I can't focus today.

I want the Fanny (Michelle) confirmed news from the Door (Karen)


Gaily
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No shit....can't work here either...no focus. I just wanna hear that Cyn is all good with her fancy, shiny new box :p


Heidi
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm leaving here at 2:30, can someone text me later just to say everything went great? Please...thanks.


Elaine
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3:14 p.m.

Cyn is out of surgery. Everything went well. Very smooth and no problems. Cyn is OUT of it obviously but has two room mates when she does wake up.

All is safe and good.

Karen said it was amazing.

Michelle
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEAH!!!!!! Awesome thanks Fanny :)

So happy...yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Elaine
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pinky (Heidi) doing the happy dance....bow chicky bow wow :)

Heidi
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YAY YAY YAY!!!! My dogs are barking!!!! ARF!! ARF!!! ARF!!!

Shiny new box!! Whoop whoop

Now I can stop mentally pacing and smiling thinking of Pinky doing the happy dance :)

Gaily
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yayayayayayayayayayaayayayyyy

Nathan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AWESOME CYNDERTORKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO!!!!!!

The new box instillation was a success. now it's time to douche and dilate!!!!!!!

Linda
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

I'm so relieved it all went well!! yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Carrie
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4:32 p.m.

Just got a text from torkie (me). She's allive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!

Linda
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ditto that...and she's sleepy...lol. Rest up Cyn

Heidi
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gone all day and just got to read all these awesome updates! Now, she better rest up and hurry home :)

Mary
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The View From MySpace

"But when they changed my dressings, I could see there wasn't much blood and the nurses remarked on how little bleeding and bruising there was. A good start to a new life."

I believe that the absence of the "gore" is because this is truly what your body was meant to be. Your body is probably giving a big sigh of relief, because it is finally at home.

I love you and can't wait to hear more about how you are doing! Keep us posted! We're thinking of you!

Lola
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cyn,

I'm glad all went well! I know the worst of the pain is yet to come. But we all do what we need to do to be whole, Right?

I look forward to the day when I can be where you are.

Your sister,
Gerri
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad everything went well. I hope the pain stays away and the discomfort goes fast. Whoo Hoo....You are a Wonderful Great Fantastic New Women!!!!!!!!!!

Elaine
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is soooo awesome! YES, A NEW WOMAN in all sense of those words!!! Though there will be the usual post op issues, I know you will soldier through like the strong irish chick that you are,,,HIGH FIVE TO YOU!!
,....that will be replaced with hugs upon your return!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment