Tuesday, January 24, 2012

WOW!

Originally posted on May 8, 2007

WOW!

Current mood: surprised

Today was my very first mammogram day. That part wasn’t as bad as I
feared. The two pictures they had to re-do hurt. I’m not looking forward to
again, but still wasn’t as bad as feared.

But the MEDICAL PROFFESIONAL made my day. BIG TIME. As I’m
standing there half dressed, she started with the first timer questions……


Q: When did you start menstruating?
A: Never.

Q: Do you have a problem with you ovaries?
A: No.

Q: Do you still have your ovaries?
A: No, I never had them.

A few minutes later……..In a very puzzled tone

Q: Did they ever tell you why you don’t have ovaries
A: No, because I’m a male to female transgender.

In a very stunned tone……
Reply : Oh, I never would have known!

Q: How long ago did you have the surgery?
A: I haven’t yet.

Q: How long have you been on hormones?
A: About a year and a half.

In a still very stunned tone
Reply: That’s amazing! I absolutely had no clue.

Then she asked if she could ask some personal questions, just for her own
knowledge. I gladly answered. But she certainly made my day and I
educated hers. But my history was a complete shock to her.

Damn it’s really working. I’m really, really passing. Even half dressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment