Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Too Good Not To Share

Originally posted January 4, 2008

Too Good Not Too Share


Over the years, a lot of friends have said a lot of great things that took me aback, really helped or just plain encouraged me. All of which is greatly appreciated. All of it and all of you. I have the best friends on earth. Case closed.


But this past week, a friend of eight years commented on a blog that just blew me away. I was so thrilled and pleased with these words, that I honestly don't how to respond to her. But these words must be shared. Hopefully the fact that I'm reposting them, will be the compliment I really need to give, Laura Fox.


"Through your posts, blogs, outreach program, collaboration with the Telegraph and just being the friendly and compassionate person you are you're helping so many people. Not just those that are gay/lesbian/transgendered, but those that are confused by, or uncomfortable with, others that are gay/lesbian/transgendered. You should be very proud of yourself for being brave enough and selfless enough to put your journey out there in order to help others. And the number of non-MySpace messages you get just goes to show how many people there are out there looking for support and information. You're an angel in so many ways. Keep up the good work, and when you're feeling dejected and frustrated, please come back and look at this blog to remind yourself of just how wonderful you are."


I'm still blown away. Thanks Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment